Secure WhatsApp Account With Two Factor Authentication: WhatsApp is an Instant Messaging (IM) App which lets users text, chat, video call, voice call and share media, including voice messages and video, with individuals or groups. WhatsApp is the most popular messaging app all over the world and is being used in 109 countries, or 55.6 percent of the world.
WhatsApp doesn’t have a password type login system like Facebook and other social networking sites. It works on the phone numbers, a phone number is mandatory to create a WhatsApp account.
Now today everyone knows how to create a WhatsApp account. It is simple just enter your phone number and you will receive an OTP from WhatsApp, enter the OTP and your account will confirm.
Is it secure? Of course not because someone may access your phone and can create your WhatsApp account on his/her phone by accessing the OTP which was sent to your phone.
Secure WhatsApp Account
WhatsApp has officially launched Two Factor Authentication. In which you can set a 6 digit password which will be asked to enter while confirming your account. By this method, you can secure your WhatsApp account.
Follow these steps to Secure Your WhatsApp Account.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone and make sure you using the latest version of WhatsApp
- Click on the three dotted button menu and open Account settings.
- Select the third option Two-Step Authentication and begin setting it up.
- Click on Enable and enter your 6 digit pin that you want to set two times
- Now on the next page enter your email address which is used to retrieve pin if you forget it, and then click on enable.
Now your account is secure. No one can confirm your WhatsApp account on his/her phone even if he/she has access to your OTP.
Thank you! Hope you like the article. If you really like then don’t forget to share with your friend’s wall on facebook or on any other platforms.